Our client, an innovative progressive company based in Dundalk, Co. Louth involved in the manufacture and supply of both local and remote monitoring equipment for various industries including but not limited to Oil, Water and LPG.
The company has many award winning products and has enjoyed substantial growth and now has markets in over 15 countries. As the company continues to expand there is an immediate vacancy for an experienced Company Accountant to lead the finance department and become an integral part of their team. The position offers an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to progress within a high growth and internationally trading company.
Working directly to the Managing Director with responsibility for managing and overseeing the finance department.
Skills & Experience
• Experience in Project management and implementation of Management Information systems
• Development of financial budgets and liaising with various stakeholders
• Monitoring financial performance against agreed budgets
• Reviewing pricing structure of new products in existing and new markets
• Overseeing Working capital management strategies within the company
• Review and integration of monthly finance board pack with comparison to budget and agreed KPI’s;
• Liaising and reporting to various government agencies such as Enterprise Ireland, Revenue Commissioners, etc.;
• Establishing KPI’s for various departments and preparation of exceptional variance reports to identify variances;
• Review and submission of R&D proposals and claims.
• Play an integral role within the senior management team by contributing to the overall growth strategy and by offerings clear direction on its implementation
• Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Willingness to contribute effectively to the commercial strategy of the business
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines maintaining attention to detail
This position will suit an ambitious and confident communicator who has the necessary drive to work in a busy office environment as an integral part of the team to ensure that customers receive the highest level of service and care.
Applicants should be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA) or have suitable experience of working in a similar role within a finance department and be able to clearly demonstrate relevant experience in the above duties.
• 3 years post qualification experience working within a finance department or within an accountancy practice demonstrating relevant experience for this role.
• Strong experience in establishing KPI’s and establishing finance reports to measure performance against budgets.
• Experience of implementing and maintaining a stock based finance system with full product traceability and integration with bespoke management information systems
• Strong understanding of multi-currency transactions and strategies to mitigate currency risk.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and good ability to multitask.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
• An enthusiastic ambitious positive self-starter.
• Highly motivated with an ability to take ownership and with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experience of Intact Accounting Software.
• Clean Driving licence.
Dependent on Skills and Experience.
This role offers a great opportunity for a hard working individual to join a dynamic fast growing technology company.
This vacancy is immediate and permanent (subject to probationary period). The job is based in Dundalk with opportunities for overseas travel, so applicant must hold a valid passport. Fluent in spoken and written English language necessary with good communication skills. So if you’re a strong team player and been waiting for the opportunity to become a key part of a team, we’d love to hear from you.
Please forward CVs before 5.00pm Friday 2nd June 2017 to:
Mrs Ciara McFerran
PKF-FPM Accountants Limited
Quayside Business Park